You are here
Call for Applications- Gros Morne Craft Residency
The Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador is hosting a two part, off-season fine craft residency in the Gros Morne Region. This residency project features a combination of creation of craft work and professional development opportunities for craftspeople working in the region. Residencies are proposed to take place January and March of 2017.
- to build on a residency program for craft in the Gros Morne Region
- to build on the existing visual arts residencies
- to provide professional development opportunities for craft makers in the region
- to enhance the levels of awareness of fine craft among the audience for craft in the region
- to enhance the role of the Craft Council in the region, encouraging more local craft makers to become engaged with the provincial organization
- to offer an opportunity for exchange of cultural and craft knowledge
- to strengthen the long term viability of craft businesses in the region through the enhancement of product desig
This project as proposed will involve two residencies of approximately one month each.
Residency features include:
- the resident craft artist will be expected to develop his or her own work
- the residency will offer an artist fee, plus daily fees for teaching / mentoring
- each resident artist will be expected to present one public artist talk about his or her own work
- each resident will be expected to spend one day at a local school working with students on a creative project
- each residency would be approximately one month in duration
- - each residency will include a professional development component, where the craftsperson will be expected to teach a professional development workshops of two days duration, directed at working craftspeople in the region.
- each residency may include advisory sessions with craftspeople, craft or heritage groups in the region, maximum of twelve hours in total
Applications are due on Monday, November 21, 2016 at 4:00 pm, sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org For more details, please look at the poster.